Before Scrapbook Page
Designed by France Papillion
- ColorBox Archival Dye Inkpads in Frosted Plum, Deep Grape and Grape Slushy
- ColorBox Archival Dye Ink Refills in Frosted Plum, Toasted Apricot, Grape Slushy, Pumpkin Pie and Deep Grape
- ColorBox Color Blender
- Basic Necessities Spray Bottles filled with Water
- 7 Dots Studio Secret Diary Cold Country Printed Paper
- 7 Dots Studio Nature Walk Elements
- 7 Dots Studio Spice and Sugar Domestic Goddess Printed Paper
- Finnabair Art Basics Heavy White Gesso
- Finnabair Canvas Resist in Honeycomb
- Plaster Strip
- Rubber Graining Comb
- Heat Tool
- Rusted Metal Elements
- Sewing Machine
- Fine Round Paintbrush
- Paint Tray
- Using the Secret Diary Cold Country Printed Paper as the base of the project, apply a generous layer of Gesso, covering only the middle section of the base paper, from left to right side.
- Without letting the Gesso dry, pull the rubber graining comb horizontally through the Gesso, creating texture lines. Allow to dry.
- Use the Color Blender to apply the Frosted Plum Ink, Deep Grape Ink, and Grape Slushy Ink to scraps of the Domestic Goddess Printed Paper and Nature Walk Elements.
- Mix a few drops of Deep Grape Refill Ink into a spray bottle with water. Spray the canvas resist and the cambric with the spray mixture. Allow to dry.
- Mix a few drops of Pumpkin Pie Refill Ink into a separate spray bottle with water. Spray the plaster strip with the spray mixture. Allow to dry.
- Select a Dye Ink Refill color and apply the ink directly to the dry gesso. Lift the paper and spray the ink with water to create a blended effect. Use the heat tool to set the ink.
- Repeat step 7 with several different colors of Dye Ink until the gesso has been covered, heat setting between each color.
- Place a few drops of the Deep Grape Refill Ink onto the paint tray. Add a few drops of water to the ink and mix with a paintbrush. Flick the paintbrush over the paper to create splatters. Allow to dry.
- Sew the canvas resist, plaster, cambric, and some of the paper scraps together.
- Sew freedom lines around the perimeter of the base paper.
- Glue the sewn paper and elements, metallic embellishments and a photo to the base paper.