Oh Happy Day!
By Susan Neal
Happy Birthday greetings couldn’t be sunnier than this card.
- ColorBox® Classic Pigment Inkpads: Canary, Marigold, Sunflower
- Sparkle Fibers: Creamsicle
- Top Boss® Clear Embossing Powder
- Cornish Heritage Farms: Essential Expressions Classic
- Outline Rubber Stamps: Birthday Candles
- Sentiment stamp of your choice
- White Cardstock: 8 ½” x 5 ½”, folded in half the long way
- Orange Cardstock: 4 ¼” x 2 1/8”; 1 ¾” x 1 ¾”; 1 ¾” x 1”
- Yellow Cardstock: 2 1/8” x 2 1/8”
- Mounting Foam: ¼” squares
- Colored Pencils or Watercolor Paints
- Glue Stick
- Exacto Knife
- Cut a piece of ribbon5 ½” long and notch both ends.
- Glue ribbon to center of card front.
- Glue Orange panel to card front, 1” from card top edge.
- Ink Birthday Candles stamp like this: Sunflower at the top, Canary in the middle and Marigold at the bottom.
- Stamp onto white cardstock.
- Emboss the image with Clear powder.
- Use an exacto knife to cut the center “candle” piece out of the stamped image.
- Use colored pencils or watercolor paints to add color to the candles.
- Glue onto the small orange cardstock square and apply foam squares to the back.
- Trim out the rest of the candle image, leaving a 1/8” margin of white showing all around. Glue onto yellow cardstock square.
- Crunch a small amount of Creamsicle Sparkle Fibers and adhere to candles with a tiny drop of glue. Press into glue with the tip of the exacto knife.
- Shake off excess fibers and let dry.
- Adhere finished candle piece to dotted background.
- Ink Joy image same way as candle image, stamp onmto white cardstock and emboss with Clear powder.
- Trim and mat onto small orange cardstock rectangle and use foam squares to mount to card front.
- Stamp additional sentiments with Marigold ink at bottom right.
Choose a Product Category