Mini Art Book
by Stephanie Scheetz
- Smooch (any color)
- Fluid Chalk ink pad (any color)
- ColorBox Archival Dye ink pad: Wicked Black
- Hampton Art clear stamp set: Every Occasion
- Glossy White Cardstock: (2) trimmed to 4.25 x 5.5 inches
- Matboard: (2) trimmed to 2.75 x 4.25 inches
- White copy paper: (1) 8.5 x 11 inches
- String (1) 24 inches
- Glue stick
- Craft stick
- Tray for holding water
- Craft knife
- Cutting mat
- Heat tool
- Metal Ruler
- Pour 1” of water in small tray. Dip Smooch brush into water. Repeat until surface of water is covered with ink.
- Place piece of glossy cardstock face down in water and gently push below surface. Carefully remove cardstock and dry thoroughly using heat tool.
- Adhere marbleized cardstock onto mat board using glue stick. Use craft stick over surface to flatten and secure firmly. Trim off excess cardstock using craft knife.
- Decorate marbleized surface with stamped images. Dry ink thoroughly and “buff” surface using tissue.
- Fold 8.25 x 11 inches paper in half vertically and unfold. Fold paper in half horizontally.
- Bring raw edge of paper to folded edge, crease and unfold. Turn paper over and repeat step.
- Unfold paper, but keep folded in half horizontally. Position folded edge toward you and cut vertically on creased line to midpoint.
- Grip sections to either side of cut and position downward. Flatten sections to create “pages”. Decorate with stamped images.
- Place string behind “pages” and adhere in-between covers using glue stick.
- Wrap string around book and tie a bow to keep closed.
Clearsnap would like to thank Hampton Art Stamps for materials used in class.