Gift Card House
by Linda Crofton
- Smooch Spritz®: Splash & Color CatcherTM
- Smooch® Illuminate
- ColorBox® Archival Dye Petal Point® ink pad: Playful & Circus
- Rollagraph® Jumbo Handle, Coal Black cartridge & Wheel: Say What?
- ColorBox® Molding Mat: Thick n’Thin © Jeannene Langford
- Design Adhesives: Branches & Blooms © S. Sowell
- Designer Foils: Silver Fog
- Sizzix Big ShotTM & Bigz Die - Flower, Build a Flower
- Helmar® 450 Quick Dry Adhesive & Premium Craft Glue
- Wood cut-out: House Shape
- Chipboard easel back
- Balsa wood: (2) 4” long strips
- White corrugated cardboard: enough for die cuts & (3) 0.5” x 4” strips
- Library Card or Gift Card pocket - 1
- White cardstock: 2” x 2” piece
- Craft knife & self healing cutting mat
- Bone folder
- Optional: text stamp, clip art, heat-set crystals & heat tool
- Place wood cut out in Color CatcherTM. Shake or roll Smooch Spritz® until all particles are off glass & in suspension. Spritz house front and back, remove from Color CatcherTM. Set aside to dry, heat set if necessary. Repeat with chipboard easel.
- Use Big ShotTM to create flower die cuts with white corrugated cardboard following manufacturer’s directions. Apply various colors from ColorBox® Archival Dye Petal Point® ink pads only to raised areas of die cuts and cardboard strips. Set aside to dry.
- Trim balsa strips to match roofline with craft knife, Ink one balsa strip with Mermaid ink & one with Poolside. Set aside to dry.
- Apply Smooch® Illuminate to edge of bone folder then scrape across white cardstock 2 inch square (Twinchie). Apply 3 different ink colors from Petal Point® directly to smooched Twinchie as shown, shimmer will remain visible.
- Roll Rollagraph® Jumbo Wheel Say What? diagonally across Twinchie. Embellish further with clip art and text stamp if desired.
- Ink ColorBox® Molding Mat with Mermaid ink and press gift card pocket onto mat. Adhere Twinchie to gift card pocket with Quick Dry Adhesive. Glue gift card pocket to house cut-out, as shown, with Premium Craft Glue.
- Apply Design Adhesives Branches & Blooms on house, as shown, Apply Designer Foils Silver Fog, embellish further with heat-set crystals, if desired
- Adhere with Craft Glue: inked strips of balsa wood to lower edges of roofline and inked strips of corrugated cardstock (trimmed to match roofline)
- Assemble die cuts into flower, secure with brad in middle and adhere as shown with Craft Glue. Adhere easel to back of house with Craft Glue, place gift card into pocket.
Click to watch Linda teaching a class on this project
Clearsnap would like to thank Ellison Educational Equipment and Helmar® Adhesives for materials used in class.