Designed by Liz HIcks
- Colorbox® Classic Pigment Full Size:Turquoise
- ColorBox® Classic Pigment Cat’s Eye®: Gold
- Colorbox® Archival Dye Full Size: Mermaid and Golf Course
- Colorbox® Archival Dye Cat’s Eye®: Key Lime Pie,
- Lemon Drop, Fireberry, Frosted Plum, Dark Cherry
- and Pumpkin Pie
- Smooch®: Gold Lamé and Moonlight.
- Sierra Pacific Crafts - Wooden Frame
- Beacon Adhesives™: Fast Finish Decoupage
- Echo Park Paper Company: Little Girl Collection
- Alpha Stickers
- Acrylic paint: White
- Pages from old hardbound books – (5) 8.5” x 5.25”
- Charcoal pencil
- Clear Varish
- Paint brushes – various sizes
- Paper cup and water
- Start by adhering a broken layer of vintage book print paper to your frame with Fast Finish. Make sure to add some vintage paper to the sides to finish off the look.
- Place a small amount of white paint in paper cup. Add water to thin the paint to the desired consistency. Apply to front and back of frame to create a white-washed look.
- Create the sky by pouncing the ColorBox® Archival Dye Mermaid inkpad across the top of the frame. Use a paintbrush to draw down color as shown. For further depth, repeat this step with ColorBox® Classic Pigment Turquoise inkpad, until sky is colored to your satisfaction.
- Once dry, draw your clouds and flowers onto the frame with a charcoal pencil. This will create a guide to paint that will also smear nicely when you paint giving your design a more organic look.
- Use paintbrushes and inks listed below to color in your drawing:
- Sun – Smooch® Gold Lamé; ColorBox® Archival Dye Lemon Drop and ColorBox® Classic Pigment Gold.
- Clouds – Smooch® Moonlight
- Flowers – ColorBox® Archival Dye Fireberry, Frosted Plum, Dark Cherry and Pumpkin Pie
- Leaves, stems and grass - ColorBox® Archival Dye Golf Course and Key Lime Pie
Designer’s Note: If you like, you can draw over your designs with the charcoal pencil to further define them.
6. Apply your sticker letters as shown. Apply the clear varnish over the top to further seal in your project.