designed by Amy Flowers
- ColorBox® Chalk Full Size ink pad: Pink Sky, Red Barn, Candied Yam, Guacamole, Sea Crystal and Arctic Deep
- Winsor & Newton 140# cold press watercolor paper, cut to fit
- Utecht Artists’ Acrylic Gesso
- Utecht Acrylic Matte Medium
- ScotchBlue™ Painter’s tape for multi-surfaces: 1 inch width
- Lint-free paper towel
- Paper Trimmer
- Trim watercolor paper to 6” x 6” square; apply painter’s tape to paper using the edge of the paper as a guide to create the 1 inch border around the piece.
- Prep the untapped portion of the watercolor paper with gesso, applied with brush and allow to dry.
- Apply Chalk inkpads directly to gesso surface, starting with lightest colors first, using a painting motion with the ink-pads. Allow colors to dry between layers.
- The final color layer can be bluffed or blended while still wet, using a lint-free paper towel. Allow finished piece to dry completely before gently removing tape for beautifully defined edges.
Choose a Product Category