IZINK Photo Box by: Isabelle Renault
Start by preparing the IZINK spray bottles:
- 1 with a mix of 50% water and 50% IZINK Mimosa
- 1 with a mix of 50% water and 50% IZINK Bamboo
- 1 with a mix of 50% water and 50% IZINK Rose
- 1 with a mix of 50% alcohol (90°) and 50% IZINK Tulip
- Following the manufacturer’s instruction, assemble the Color Catcher®. Do a few practice sprays inside the Color Catcher with the Bamboo spray. When happy with technique, place the tin in the Color Catcher and spray sparingly with Bamboo. Set aside to dry or use heat tool to dry quickly.
- Repeat step 2 with Tulip spray.
- Drop a few drops of the Tulip into a painter’s palette. Dip a flat brush into ink and brush across the surface of a rubber stamp to ink it. Stamp partial imprints on the lid and set aside or heat set to dry.
- Ink the arrow rubber stamp with ColorBox Surfacez® Black and stamp onto lid.
- Drop a few drops of the Caviar into a painter’s pallet. Dip paintbrush into ink and brush onto both die cuts covering them completely. Set aside to dry or heat set. Adhere one die cut to top of tin with adhesive. Set aside second die cut for the card.
Trim 12 x 12 cardstock to 12” x 3” piece, fold piece in half to create 6” x 3” piece, use corner punch on top and bottom corners. Fold back each end to the center fold to create the accordion folded card with four 3” x 3” panels. Corner punch the remaining corners, so that all corners are rounded.
Unfold all panels and place in Color Catcher®. Play with the different colors in spray bottles. Spray some colors from further away and others close to the panels to create different effects. Use lace pieces as masks on a few panels, and they will be tinted to be used as embellishments later. Set aside to dry or use heat tool to dry quickly.
On the front panel, flick a few drops of color directly from the dropper for more intense color.
Other techniques to try on other panels are:
Drop color directly from the dropper onto the paper and spread it with a roller.
Drop a few drops into a painter’s pallet. Dip a flat brush into ink and brush across on the surface of a rubber stamp. Stamp partial imprints.
Drop one drop directly on a panel and use the back of a paintbrush to create stars.
When you are happy with your panels, set aside to dry or use heat tool to dry quickly.
Ink the rubber stamps of your choice with Colorbox® Classic Pigment Black inkpad and stamp on one side of the card. Emboss with Top Boss® Clear embossing powder. Heat set.
Repeat step 6 on the other side of the card. Be sure to stand card up when embossing second side.
Adhere a caviar colored die cut to one panel of the card. Adhere pieces of colored lace onto various panels as desired.
Add a Polaroid photo lined at the top and at the bottom with masking tape, you can use a silver binder clip or adhesive.
Fold up card and wrap with ribbon. Place inside the tin.